Edgbaston matchday volunteers are known as Edgbaston Cricketeer’s. Edgbaston Cricketeer’s join the Bears family to deliver world-class cricket matches at Edgbaston Stadium. The atmosphere at Edgbaston is widely-renowned to be among the best in the world. Cricketeers are at hand to greet, advise and energise spectators before, during and after the game enabling them to experience Edgbaston in all its glory.
This Volunteer Agreement is a description of the arrangement between us Warwickshire County Cricket Club (‘the Company’) and you (‘the Volunteer’) in relation to your voluntary work. Your volunteer role is Edgbaston Cricketeer which commences on 20 May 2023 for a period of 12 months. This agreement will be renewed on an annual basis.
The intention of this agreement is to assure you that we appreciate your volunteering with us and to indicate our commitment to do the best we can to make your volunteer experience with us a positive and rewarding one.
This volunteering agreement sets out the Company’s expectations of you in the role of volunteer and what you can expect from the Company. This agreement is accompanied by a handbook which should be read and understood before singing this agreement.
The Club commits to the following:
• Offering rewarding volunteering opportunities across live-cricket and community initiatives.
• Providing versatile volunteering experiences that may include various positions.
• Providing positive volunteer experiences with other cricket enthusiasts.
• Provide packed lunch and scheduled breaks on matchdays.
Induction / orientation
• Providing you with an induction / orientation when you start your role to introduce how the organisation works and your role within it.
Support and supervision
• communicate to you the required standard of service provided by the Company and support you to achieve and maintain this standard
• Provide support to allow you to develop positive working relationships with other volunteers and Company employees.
• Providing you with adequate equipment and uniform required to perform your role.
• Providing you with a named member of staff whilst volunteering who you can discuss and review your role with.
• Following up on any constructive feedback or questions you may have regarding your involvement as a volunteer.
Providing insurance cover
• The Company will provide necessary insurance cover that covers you whilst you are carrying out any approved and authorised voluntary work.
Equal opportunities policy
• The Company will ensure that all volunteers are supported in accordance with the Company’s Inclusion and Diversity Policy a copy of which is provided to you.
Health and Safety
• The Company will provide you with reasonable guidance to allow you to carry out your role in compliance with the Company’s health and safety policy.
Addressing Volunteer concerns
• The Company will endeavour to fairly and appropriately resolve any concerns or issues you encounter during the course of your volunteering activities with the Company. Please initially raise such concerns with Esther Lau-Mackaay, Community Engagement Project Officer, to allow the Company to investigate and resolve these.