Warwickshire County Cricket Club is one of the largest and most successful Professional Cricket Clubs in England and Wales. The Club is based at the iconic Edgbaston stadium, the second largest cricket stadium in the country following the completion of the £32m redevelopment in 2011. We are looking to recruit an Assistant Cellar Manager, who would report to the Beverage Manager here at Edgbaston Stadium.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Working at Edgbaston Cricket Stadium for Levy Restaurants you will be required:
To take responsibility and accountability for the planning and execution of events, acting as Duty Manager for multiple events (exhibitions, banquets and conferences). To liaise with relevant departments and lead and motivate a team with the appropriate skills to ensure budget targets are achieved. To be customer focused and financially astute to achieve company and client objectives.
To deputise in the absence of the Operations Manager in accordance with the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland.
Key Responsibilities and attributes required:
· To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
· To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
· To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
· Understand and deliver all contractual terms
· Ensure all customer requirements are communicated to all departments in advance to ensure effective planning
· Ensure all client events are delivered to the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue
· Demonstrates knowledge of events management with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness. Ensuring all events operate to the minimum stated in the onsite SOP manual.
· To always look out for opportunities to develop our service
· Communicate openly with colleagues and attend team meetings/briefing sessions as requested by your Line Manager ensuring all relevant information is cascaded as appropriate
· Give full co-operation to any colleague requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner
· Liaise and actively communicate with key stakeholders to identify requirements and ensure project plan is on target
· Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required, create and maintain a good team spirit
· Demonstrate ability to identify training needs and carry out on the job training (through coaching, support and development)
· Promote the unit and act as a Compass Advocate at all times
· To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
· Ensure that all relevant location documentation is completed to the agreed standard and time scale and that an effective system is in place for the filing, storage and retrieval of documents
· Be aware and adhere with statutory, legal and company requirements for:
Sales of Goods / Trade Description
ISO 9002 Standards
· Not interfere with or mis-use anything provided for HSE purposes.
· Report all maintenance issues and hazards as in the company health and safety manual
· Report HSE hazards, accidents, incidents, illness and diseases to your line manager.
· Operational management experience taking full responsibility for events of 300 covers plus
· Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities
· Can do attitude and ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
· Computer literate
· Experience in an event or contract catering environment
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external customers
How To Apply
If you would like more information, or to apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org