Job Opportunity – Commercial Partnerships Executive
Warwickshire County Cricket Club is looking to appoint a dedicated Commercial Partnerships Executive to help manage, retain and add value to the Club’s Commercial Partners through a structured and valuable Account Management process.
The successful candidate will also support the Commercial team in the delivery of key Club events throughout the year and assist with developing the club's corporate network in terms of Partnerships rights delivery, securing incremental revenue opportunities where possible and managing the use of the venue through Conferences & Events and hospitality.
Key skills and experience required:
• Strong Account Planner
• Sales ability
• Commercial Partnerships and rights activation
• Highly organised with critical paths/ time plans
• Strong communication skills
It is desirable but not essential for the successful candidate to have 1-2 years experience of working in a commercial sport environment within either the sponsorship, conference & events or hospitality sectors.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter and cv to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday 31 October.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Commercial Partnerships Executive
Reports to: Commercial Partnerships Manager
1. To manage, retain, and add value to the Club’s Commercial Partners through a structured and valuable Account Management process; fully utilising the Company’s assets and exclusive rights
2. To deliver Club events throughout the year to deliver incremental revenue opportunities from both the Commercial Partners and a wider business base.
3. To continue to grow the database of businesses that use the Edgbaston facilities for events, partnerships, and hospitality.
4. Support the Commercial Team on other key projects and adhoc work, when required
- Manage and develop a selection of Commercial Partner relationships
- Develop robust and valuable Account Plans for the select Commercial Partners
- Management of the Club Partners’ hospitality requirements
- Organise, manage, and run Club Events such as Golf Days, Sporting Lunches, and Player Awards Dinner
- Secure incremental revenue through events and partnerships
- Create the foundation for long term partnerships
- Drive and support the Commercial Partner structure
- Maximise the Cricket and Non Cricket assets
- Produce and implement Annual Account Plans for each Commercial Partne
- Ensure the delivery of Partner contractual rights
- Deliver on revenue budgets
- Build strong relationships with ‘key’ partner personnel
- Structured documentation of Commercial Partners rights
- Continue to grow the Club Events through new business and current partners
- Manage the running of certain Club Events with the support of the Commercial Team
Key Skills and Experience Required: Essential
- Account Planning
- Data Marketing and Marketing strategies
- Commercial Partnerships and rights activation
- Planning and Structure
- Critical Paths/Time plans
- Creative marketing
- Personal communications
Key Skills and Experience Required: Desirable
- Working in a commercial sport environment within sponsorship, conference & events, and hospitality
- Understanding of a sport governing body
- Team player
- Direct report management
- Accounting and budgeting
- Strong time management and organisational skill
- Commitment, drive and energy
- Ability to work independently
- Creative and open
- Enjoys accountability and responsibility
- Willingness to (learn and) contribute to all areas of the business
- Positive attitude
- Evenings and weekend commitments – add value to the business