Job Opportunity – Marketing Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Edgbaston Stadium, to support the Marketing Manager in devising and implementing campaigns that deliver defined results in Conference and Events, Hospitality and Match Day Food & Drink marketing. As well as, to help further establish the digital marketing foundation to complete the 360 marketing model.
Warwickshire County Cricket Club (WCCC)
WCCC is one of the largest and most successful Professional Cricket Clubs in England and Wales. The Club is based at the iconic Edgbaston stadium, the second largest cricket stadium in the country following the completion of the £32m redevelopment in 2011. In 2019, the stadium will host several of the biggest matches in world cricket, including the World Cup Semi Final and an England vs Australia “Ashes” Test Match.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Club is looking for a Marketing Executive to work closely with the Marketing Manager across Conference & Events, Hospitality and Match Day Food & Drink Sales.
The Marketing Executive will be responsible for implementing all areas of marketing, but with a particular focus in CRM, PPC and SEO, that will be over 70% of the day to day marketing activities.
The role holder will be required to work on matchdays and on other events which will take place on weekends and occasionally evenings, therefore flexible working is essential.
• Working with the marketing manager to help execute the marketing plans, through both above the line and below the line platforms
• Liaison with the Compass marketing team to coordinate hospitality marketing campaigns
• Liaison with the Edgbaston catering team to promote matchday food and drink sales
• Competent in executing CRM, PPC and SEO
• Setting up & optimising Google & Facebook Ads paid search campaigns
• Reporting on the performance of paid campaigns & advising on changes
• Analysing website performance and help them improve performance to meet their KPIs
• Creating SEO copy for website
• Responsible for day to day maintenance of website
• Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures
• Use analytical tools to assess performance of marketing campaigns
• Enthusiastic, confident with the ability to present
• Deliver campaigns against KPI’s across the full spectrum of business units
• Support commercially to deliver on revenue targets and audience numbers
• Help to drive retention and acquisition across campaigns
• Work with the social media manager to streamline marketing comms across all platforms and to ensure campaigns are delivered
• Build sustainable internal external relationships
Key Skills and Experience Required: Essential
• Marketing degree or relevant qualification
• Experience of working in a marketing based role
• Digital Marketing knowledge – must have experience in CRM, PPC and SEO
• Planning and organisational skills
• Creative marketing ability
• Excellent relationship building skills
Key Skills and Experience Required: Desirable
• 12 months minimum experience in a marketing based role
• Experience/Understanding in Conference and Events industry
• Commitment, drive and energy
• Creative and open
• Enjoys accountability and responsibility
• Willingness to (learn and) contribute to all areas of the business
• Positive attitude
• Flexible to work weekends and evenings when required
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
If you would like to apply for this role please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
The deadline to apply is Monday 26 November 2018.