Job Vacancy: Sales Co-ordinator
We are recruiting for a full-time Sales Co-ordinator who will report directly to our Sales Office Manager. This position is available within the Conference Sales and Events department at Edgbaston Stadium. The successful candidate will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Sales Co-ordinator - purpose of the role
- To process sales enquiries for the Edgbaston stadium and to actively work as part of the sales team to increase and enhance revenues.
- Proactively selling the facilities by various techniques and always aiming to meet customers' needs and exceed customers expectations.
- To consistently ensure the highest standards of accurate and timely customer, staff and management information.
- To ensure all sales administration is accomplished effectively and accurately in order to provide a seamless handover to the operations team.
- Be an active team member sharing ideas and participating in team spirit, and be loyal to and supportive of colleagues including any temporary members of staff.
- Achieve performance objectives and set KPI’s specific to role. Participate in regular reviews and appraisals in line with Compass management standards.
- Give full co-operation to any colleague requiring assistance in prompt, caring and helpful manner.
- Develop strong working relationships with key members of national sales team including CRO.
- Undertake training and development identified as required in reviews and appraisals.
- Attend internal meetings as required.
- To provide outstanding customer service.
- Process enquiries & proposals, providing best value options to customers while maximising sales opportunities, within agreed response times to all web based, email and phone enquiries accurately and within brand guidelines.
- Follow-up enquiries & proposals within agreed timescales and customer preferred method, arrange customer site inspections where applicable in order to close sale.
- Provide direct liaison with customer and suppliers ensuring clear communications of each party’s needs and expectations.
- Maintain accurate records of enquiry source and report and communicate new business leads to field based team and hospitality leads to Keith Prowse & Commercial sales teams.
- Maintain excellent product knowledge at all times.
- Record accurately all customer profile and booking information making full use of the appropriate systems.
- Be aware and adhere with statutory, legal and company requirements for, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Licensing Laws, Employments Laws, Fire Regulations, Sales of Goods and Trade Description.
- Report all maintenance issues and hazards as in the company health and safety manual.
- Demonstrate best working practices in all duties and comply with company manuals.
- Contribute ideas for the Sales and Marketing plan
- Meet required deadlines for RFIs from central team
- Achieve KPIs
- Achieve target score for customer satisfaction surveys
- Meet company guidelines for enquiry and chase response times
- Revenue Target achieved
- Participate in sales promotions and applicable familiarisation trips
- Be aware of competitor activities & industry trends
- Achieve personal goals and objectives identified in reviews and appraisals
- Achieve IPOE
- Essential: GCSE including Maths and English
- Desirable: 'A' level standard
- Essential: At least 1 year's experience within a venue dealing with self-catered and special events
- Desirable: Minimum 2 years' experience within hospitality/travel industry, understand the Asian self-catering market and Christmas public parties
Knowledge and Skills:
- Essential: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate and confident in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Desirable: Knowledge of the venue and diary management system eg Delphi
- Essential: Ability to inspire customer trust and confidence. Ability to deal both on the phone and in electronic communications effectively with clients and venues and to gain support of internal colleagues. Passionate about hospitality, sales and customer service. Ability to multi-task, thin fast and to deliver solutions to customer requirements. Posses diplomacy, discretion and impartiality of judgement. Creative in thinking and approach. A good sense of humour, flexible and forward thinking to anticipate problems before they arise.
- Desirable: Industry awareness, assertive, calm and works well under pressure
Motivations and Expectations
- Essential: Able to communicate at all levels. Self started, driven and ambitious. Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines. Motivated by passion for quality and great service.
Get In Touch
We are after great people that will provide great service and deliver great results. Interested candidates can email their CV and salary expectations to our Head of Conference and Events Sales, Maria Clune at MariaClune@Edgbaston.com