New Job Opening in the Conference and Events Team
New Job Role - About the Stadium
Edgbaston Stadium has been transformed into one of the UK’s leading sporting venues, situated in the vibrant and cultured City of Birmingham, in the centre of the country. The stadium offers bright, modern and versatile facilities for conference, banqueting, Christmas parties and hospitality. All suites offer impressive views of the cricket ground, boast natural daylight and complimentary Wifi, making Edgbaston Stadium a leading conference venue.
We can cater for up to 800 people in our larger suites while also accommodating smaller numbers in our executive boxes, smaller suites and meeting rooms. We have a wide range of cricket hospitality packages available to suit any occasion or event, whether or not you choose to follow the cricket at Edgbaston.
Edgbaston Stadium is also proud to be part of Lime Venue Portfolio. Lime look after a collection of fantastic, unique and unusual venues that are different from your average conference, wedding and exhibition venue.
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager on a full time basis within the Conference Sales and Events department. This is a proactive field based sales role responsible for driving new business and growing existing accounts for the venue. This role is tasked with building the venue profile in local, national and international markets by creating and executing an exceptional sales plan. All work will be in line with the venue’s marketing guidelines, sales strategies and sales processes. The role requires someone who is outgoing and enthusiastic with a vibrant personality who has the drive to succeed and the ability to maximise the meetings and events revenue potential in the venue. The success of this role is measured by the achievement of set KPIs and revenue targets.
- At least 3 years’ experience within Sales/Conference Sales Role
- Experience of account management systems and excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of managing small to medium accounts
- A level standard including Maths and English
- Knowledge of Delphi is preferable
- Computer literate and confident in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels; both written and verbal
- A team player with the ability to work in a busy, fast moving department
If you are interested in the role and have the correct experience we would love to hear from you. Please send you CV to Mariaclune@edgbaston.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon.