The England & Wales Cricket Board and Sri Lanka Cricket have confirmed that the England Men's Young Lions (U19) will tour Sri Lanka later this month in a five-match limited-over series. The tour is part of England's preparation ahead of the ICC Men's Under-19 Cricket World Cup in the Caribbean starting in January.
Warwickshire’s Jacob Bethell is named in the England Team will arrive in Sri Lanka on Monday 22 November 2021 and play five ODIs at the Singhalese Sports Club Cricket Ground, Colombo starting on Tuesday 30 November. All matches and practice sessions will be conducted in a bio-secure environment.
The selection panel, headed up by Young Lions Head Coach Richard Dawson, have selected a 19-strong squad for the tour.
Young Lions Squad
- Rehan Ahmed (Leicestershire)
- Tom Aspinwall (Lancashire)
- Josh Baker (Worcestershire)
- Sonny Baker (Somerset)
- Nathan Barnwell (Surrey)
- George Bell (Lancashire)
- Jacob Bethell (Warwickshire)
- Josh Boyden (Lancashire)
- Ben Cliff (Yorkshire)
- James Coles (Sussex)
- Harry Crawshaw (Durham)
- Alex Horton (Glamorgan)
- Dan Ibrahim (Sussex)
- Will Luxton (Yorkshire)
- Tom Prest (Hampshire)
- James Rew (Somerset)
- James Sales (Northamptonshire)
- Fateh Singh (Nottinghamshire)
- George Thomas (Somerset)
Commenting on the tour, Young Lions Head Coach, Richard Dawson, said: “We are looking forward to touring Sri Lanka in what should be a challenging and exciting five-match ODI series. It’s a great opportunity for our squad to experience touring the sub-continent. It will give them a chance to play in a pressurised environment against their international peers in unfamiliar conditions.
“This trip is an integral part of their future development and will also provide good preparation leading into the ICC Men’s U19s World Cup in the Caribbean starting in January 2022.”Young Lions Head Coach, Richard Dawson
- 1st ODI – Sri Lanka v England, Tuesday 30 November 2021, SSC Ground, Colombo
- 2nd ODI – Sri Lanka v England, Friday 3 December 2021, SSC Ground, Colombo
- 3rd ODI – Sri Lanka v England, Sunday 5 December 2021, SSC Ground, Colombo
- 4th ODI – Sri Lanka v England, Wednesday 8 December 2021, SSC Ground, Colombo
- 5th ODI – Sri Lanka v England, Friday 10 December 2021, SSC Ground, Colombo
2024 Membership: Together, we are Bears
Membership will once again be the best value way to access all home Warwickshire domestic cricket in 2024, plus a host of exclusive benefits including priority access to international tickets.
Split payments will be available, allowing you to spread the cost across three, six or nine monthly instalments.