Warwickshire players, coaches and management joined club members and supporters for the new end of season dinner event at Edgbaston last Friday, with awards presented to both the men’s and women’s team.
Staged in the Edgbaston Banqueting Suite, almost 300 guests were in attendance for the new look event, which raised more than £2,500 for the Edgbaston Foundation and included a performance from the Bears’ T20 band, Under the Covers.
Taking the awards for the evening were:
- Community Engagement Award
- Ateeq Javid
- Women’s Coaching Team Player of the Year
- Anisha Patel
- Women’s Team Player’s Player of the Year
- Liz Russell
- Men’s PlayerLayer Second Team Player of the Year
- Sunny Singh
- Men’s FBC Manby Bowdler Members Player of the Year
- Jeetan Patel
- Kim Jones Trophy for Quilter Cheviot Performance of the Season
- Ed Pollock – 50 off 27 balls, NatWest T20 Blast semi-final v Glamorgan
- Men’s Quilter Cheviot Players’ Player of the Year
- Jeetan Patel
Following the awards, First Team Coach Jim Troughton recognised all players to have scored a century or taking a five-wicket haul for the Bears in 2017 by presenting each with a bottle of champagne. Troughton also paid tribute to Ateeq Javid and Rikki Clarke, who have recently left the club to join Leicestershire and Surrey respectively, as well as Ian Westwood who announced his retirement in late-June.
Check out all photos of the End of Season Dinner