We have an exciting new Job Vacancy at Edgbaston Stadium which is now available for candidates to apply for. Please see below a role profile as a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances, and you may be required to be flexible and perform other duties as required by your manager. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
Job Vacancy: Overall Purpose of the Role
To plan and deliver all match day and non-match day liquor and food support to the highest levels of quality and efficiency for between 1 to 25,000 customers. Control all aspects of the liquor operation to ensure a successful and profitable conclusion to each event. Main objective is to ensure the smooth planning and delivery of the day to day and match day hospitality function within unit, to our clients and customers whilst managing the business needs and performance standards.
A key innovative leader who must interact effectively across the client and operational functions to drive superior retail operations and business performance, providing knowledge and experience of retail trends and emerging ideas.
Customer and Client Satisfaction
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
- To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- Be flexible in assisting the unit and other locations in response to business and customer needs
- Support the Head of Catering and Operations Manager in the effective liaison with the client to ensure the continual development of the partnership
- Provide direct liaison with client, customer and sales team to ensure clear communications of each party’s needs and expectations
- Ensure that timely, accurate and compelling proposals/presentations are made to customers in liaison with the sales team
- Have knowledge of all location products and able to advise the customer in a professional, helpful manner
- To always look out for opportunities to develop our service
- As part of our commitment for continuous improvement and innovation, all colleagues are encouraged to seek ways to improve work activities and promote efficiency
- Communicate openly with colleagues and attend team meetings/briefing sessions as requested by your Line Manager ensuring all relevant information is cascaded as appropriate
- Adhere to good working practices by being able to “think on your feet”, to use own initiative to achieve the end results
- Give full co-operation to any colleague requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner
- Support the implementation and monitoring of all company marketing initiatives
- Actively up sell each request to maximise revenue and profitability. Maximise the sales opportunities that occur within the planning and operational stages of the functions and events
- Support your Line Manager in the achievement of sales revenue and targets for the department / location and to optimise profitability and efficiency within the unit.
- Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required
- To promote Compass Group and maintain a positive company image
- To liaise with HR/Resourcing to recruit key personnel in order to maintain standards and lower agency percentage
- Actively continue and pursue personal development to include training courses and involvement throughout the company as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to identify training needs and carry out on the job training.
- Manage the performance of any direct reports. Ensuring that every team member is given a fair objective performance review and any agreed action is effectively followed up
- Recommend improvements which you believe would help grow our business and sustain our position in the market place
- Previous cellar and beverage management experience (within a large complex with multiple bar/cellar operations)
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities
- Can do attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate
- Experience in an event or contract catering environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external customers