England Women have confirmed Warwickshire and Central Sparks wicket-keeper/bat Amy Jones in a 16-strong squad for the five-match Vitality IT20 Series against West Indies at Incora County Ground, Derby.
Sophia Dunkley and Katie George come in to join the 15 which took part in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, with Georgia Elwiss absent through a back injury.
- Heather Knight (Western Storm)
- Tammy Beaumont (Lightning)
- Katherine Brunt (Northern Diamonds)
- Kate Cross (Thunder)
- Freya Davies (South East Stars)
- Sophia Dunkley (South East Stars)
- Sophie Ecclestone (Thunder)
- Katie George (Western Storm)
- Sarah Glenn (Central Sparks)
- Amy Jones (Warwickshire & Central Sparks)
- Nat Sciver (Northern Diamonds)
- Anya Shrubsole (Western Storm)
- Mady Villiers (Sunrisers)
- Fran Wilson (Sunrisers)
- Lauren Winfield (Northern Diamonds)
- Danni Wyatt (Southern Vipers)
England Women Head Coach Lisa Keightley said: “It’s been a challenging summer for everyone and we are privileged to be in a position to play an international series, and to get the chance to showcase the women’s game.
“We have worked hard since the group came back together in preparation for this series and we’re in a great place going in to the Vitality IT20s against West Indies.”
South East Stars all-rounder Bryony Smith and Northern Diamonds spinner Linsey Smith are both on standby.
Those players not picked for the final group of 16 are available for their regions in the final round of Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy matches and the final, should their team progress.
Vitality IT20 Series
- Monday September 21: 1st Vitality IT20, England v West Indies (Sky Sports, 6pm)
- Wednesday September 23: 2nd Vitality IT20, England v West Indies (Sky Sports, 6pm)
- Saturday September 26: 3rd Vitality IT20, England v West Indies (Sky Sports, BBC, 1pm)
- Monday September 28: 4th Vitality IT20, England v West Indies (Sky Sports, 6pm)
- Wednesday September 30: 5th Vitality IT20, England v West Indies (Sky Sports, 6pm)
Download the new Edgbaston app
The new Edgbaston app makes it even easier for fans to follow the Bears through a new match live stream, with quizzes, polls and other interactive features that are designed to enhance the supporter experience.
The app is available to download for free on iOS and Android.