Warwickshire Academy graduate and Berkswell CC batsman Dan Mousley has been named in England’s 15-man squad at the 2020 ICC U19 Cricket World Cup in South Africa.
The Young Lions go into the tournament in good spirits having reached the final of the Rising Stars Tri-Series in Antigua on Saturday, which featured West Indies U19 and Sri Lanka U19.
England U19 Head Coach Jon Lewis said: “I’m excited to see what this squad can do at the World Cup. It will be a great challenge for them both on and off the field, playing in unfamiliar conditions against new opposition in matches that will be televised around the world.
“The series in Antigua has shown that our core group of players can perform well in a challenging environment. Each individual is improving in their specific roles within the side, but in South Africa we’ll need to ensure these roles all come together to produce good team performances.
“We’ve seen in Antigua, and in our home tri-series this summer against India and Bangladesh, that we can beat some of the best teams in the world. I look forward to seeing how we can take that confidence into the pressurised environment of a World Cup.”
Mousley signed his first professional contract with the Bears in May and went on to make his First Class debut away to Essex in July. He has been part of Warwickshire’s Performance Pathway since the age of eight and attended Bablake School in Coventry, whilst also enjoying spells in the club game with Nether Whitacre CC and Kenilworth Wardens CC.
England squad for 2020 ICC U19 World Cup
- George Balderson (Lancashire) – captain
- Kasey Aldridge (Somerset)
- Ben Charlesworth (Gloucestershire)
- Tom Clark (Sussex)
- Jordan Cox (Kent)
- Scott Currie (Hampshire)
- Blake Cullen (Middlesex)
- Harry Duke (Yorkshire)
- Joey Evison (Nottinghamshire)
- Lewis Goldsworthy (Somerset)
- Jack Haynes (Worcestershire)
- George Hill (Yorkshire)
- Dan Mousley (Warwickshire)
- Hamidullah Qadri (Kent)
- Sam Young (Somerset)
England ICC U19 World Cup warm-up fixtures
- Sun 12 Jan: England U19s v Zimbabwe U19s – LC de Villiers Oval, Pretoria
- Tue 14 Jan: England U19s v Afghanistan U19s – Mandela Oval, Hammanskraal
England’s ICC U19 World Cup fixtures
- Mon 20 Jan: England U19s v West Indies U19s – De Beers Diamond Oval, Kimberley
- Thu 23 Jan: England U19s v Australia U19s – De Beers Diamond Oval, Kimberley
- Sat 25 Jan: England U19s v Nigeria U19s – De Beers Diamond Oval, Kimberley
- Mon 27 Jan – Thu 6 Feb: Knockout stages