Warwickshire skipper Will Rhodes will lead a 14-man County Select XI to play India at the Emirates Riverside in a three-day match, starting on Tuesday 20 July, with batsman Rob Yates and fast bowler Craig Miles also named in the squad.
The match will be played behind closed doors and will form part of India’s warm-up schedule ahead of the LV= Insurance Test Series.
The squad was selected after consulting with the first-class counties on player availability and to provide some of the high potential talent from across the county game with the opportunity to test themselves against the ICC World Test Championship finalists.
The county players will bridge into a team environment and undergo Covid testing before being cleared to play in the match.
The ECB would like to place on record its thanks to the first-class counties for their continued support to make players available for this fixtures and to Durham County Cricket Club for providing facilities for this match to be staged.
The match will be available to watch live via Durham County Cricket Club’s YouTube channel with ball-by-ball commentary also available on BBC radio.
County Select XI squad
- Will Rhodes (Warwickshire – captain)
- Rehan Ahmed (Leicestershire)
- Tom Aspinwell (Lancashire)
- Ethan Bamber (Middlesex)
- James Bracey (Gloucestershire)
- Jack Carson (Sussex)
- Zak Chappell (Nottinghamshire)
- Haseeb Hameed (Nottinghamshire)
- Lyndon James (Nottinghamshire)
- Jake Libby (Worcestershire)
- Craig Miles (Warwickshire)
- Liam Patterson-White (Nottinghamshire)
- James Rew (Somerset)
- Rob Yates (Warwickshire)