Good news for spectators travelling to England versus India in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, on Sunday 30 June, as two new rail services have been implemented following discussions with Edgbaston’s city stakeholders and the tournament delivery team.
London-based spectators can now travel to Birmingham from either of the following two services:
- 7.30am Chiltern Railways from London Marylebone arriving at Birmingham Moor Street at 9.07am
- 7.41am Virgin Trains from London Euston arriving at Birmingham New Street at 9.57am
Upon arrival in Birmingham City Centre, spectators can make the short journey across to Edgbaston on the official Shuttle Buses that are operated by National Express from near New Street Station (outside TK Maxx on Smallbrook Queensway).
Shuttle Buses are priced at £3 for a single journey and £5 return. Please click here to book.
Official Edgbaston car parking is on-sale with spaces available to book now at the nearby Moseley Ashfield Cricket Club Pink car park (B13 8NQ) and Calthorpe Park blue car park (B5 7PH) priced at £20 per vehicle; prices increase to £30 on match day.
Edgbaston has relationships with several prominent hotels across Birmingham, which have availability on Saturday 29 June, ahead of the match on the following day:
- Edgbaston Park Hotel – 4 Star
- Stay City Apartments – (Arcadian 3.5 Star) & (Newhall 3 Star)
- Clayton Hotel – 4 Star
- Malmaison – 4 Star
- Radisson Blu – 4 Star
- Marriott Birmingham – 4 Star
- Park Regis – 4 Star