The Edgbaston Foundation is the official charity of Warwickshire County Cricket Club, Birmingham Bears, and Edgbaston Stadium. Our purpose is to Provide Opportunity, Connect Communities and Improve Lives.
The Edgbaston Foundation is now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for a position to join our Board of Trustees.
The Board has responsibility for the governance of the Edgbaston Foundation ensuring that the charity’s operations are consistent with our aims, is performing to its business imperatives and is meeting Charity Commission regulations.
Candidates are invited to apply who have experience and expertise within our strategic areas of focus and with knowledge of the social impact requirements within neighbourhoods in and around Edgbaston and the city of Birmingham.
Strategic areas of focus
- Wellbeing and Enjoyment – Experience within the Health Sector (both physical and mental health) either through industry or Public Health and NHS CCGs.
- Creating Connections – Experience fostering cohesion & inclusion, bringing diverse groups together, reducing disadvantage through meaningful interactions, unlocking funding to support these aims.
- Cricket Inspired Learning – Experience of Employment and Education, upskilling individuals to support social mobility, attainment of qualifications.
- Charitable Partnerships – Experience of fostering collaborative relationships amongst local charities/community groups with similar objectives to the Edgbaston Foundation. Fostering collaborative relationships between corporate entities with charities to achieve CSR objectives.
Amongst the business imperatives, we seek candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Marketing & PR
- Effective Stakeholder Relationships
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our Board of Trustees, please submit your application, which includes a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within your cover letter, please highlight in which specific areas of our strategic focus or business imperatives you can provide expertise to the Edgbaston Foundation by detailing your relevant skills and experience, in line with our core values.
Should you wish to discuss the role of trustee in more detail then please contact email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 1 September.