WCCC are seeking to appoint a Head High Performance Coach, who will lead the planning of, and coaching of players on the WCCC Emerging Player Programme and WCCC Academy.
The successful candidate will report directly to the High Performance Manager. The major KPI for this role, is the successful regular transition of high performing players into the professional game.
Role Profile and Key Responsibilities
- Plan all Academy & EPP indoor and outdoor training sessions, ensuring the coaching team (permanent and sessional coaches) are given advanced notice of the plan and their role within it.
- Lead Coach for a minimum of one CAG squad (winter and summer) and assisting with winter CAG training programmes.
- To assist, when required, with the coaching of the WCCC professional playing staff as directed by the WCCC Director of Cricket and 1st XI/2nd XI Head Coaches.
- Work and liaise with the High-Performance Manager to ensure each Academy & EPP session is staffed appropriately, working within budget.
- Lead the WCCC Academy & EPP player review process – using a Player Development Plan (PDP) model. This entails planning review dates, leading on player and stake holder communications via whatsapp, Zoom and in-person, ensuring other coaches input to the PDP and review process and PDP’s are created and updated throughout the annual cycle.
- Ensure that each member of the coaching team (permanent and sessional) are accountable for a group of players on the Academy and EPP. This entails ensuring that each player is given regular feedback, 1-1 coaching/mentoring and is clear on their short/medium/long term goals.
- In liaison with the High-Performance Manager and wider coaching team, make recommendations to ECB for regional / national programme selection.
- In liaison with the High-Performance Manager, the professional coaching team and any sessional coaches, lead on recommendations for Academy & EPP recruitment.
- In conjunction with the High-Performance Manager, be the main liaison with Staffordshire pathway staff, with regards to the monitoring of the Staffordshire EPP and integration of it with the Warwickshire Pathway at various points throughout the year (winter and summer).
- In conjunction with the High-Performance Manager, lead on coach CPD content and sessions for pathway coaches.
- Liaise with the county age group lead coaches (permanent and sessional) in order to establish recruitment and skill specific ‘depth charts’.
How to apply
Click here for the full job description.
Closing date: Monday 9 January, 2023 (first round interviews likely w/c Monday 9 January).