This role will work with the Board, sub-committees, senior management and external stakeholders (such as the ECB) to ensure that Warwickshire CCC exceeds expectations in good governance and delivers its strategic ambitions in relation to the Strategic Plan, County Partnership Agreement (CPA) and ‘Edgbaston for Everyone’, the Club’s Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan.
The role will primarily deliver governance processes and administration support to the Chair of the Board and Members’ Committee, Senior Independent Director and the CEO and Executive team.
Success will be based on progress against assigned projects; external audit of the County Partnership Agreement by the ECB and strong governance reviews (internal and external).
Role Profile and Key Responsibilities
- Work with the Chair and all Sub-Committee Chairs as well as the Members Committee Chair to:
- Agree the annual meetings cycle.
- Co-ordinate all meetings through the preparation of meeting packs, recording and timely preparation of minutes and action logs.
- Facilitate the annual Board Strategy Day with the Chair/CEO, including organising the Agenda and any external presenter input.
- Ensure that the Board is compliant with the ECB’s Gold Standard on governance.
- Manage the recruitment and on-boarding of Board and Committee Members.
- Manage the delivery of the Club’s AGM, ensuring all notices and processes are compliant with the Club Rules and governance requirements.
- Preparation of relevant sections of the Annual Report, such as the Governance Statement and EDI reports.
- Manage the ongoing review and implementation of Club Rules, including the execution of any changes agreed by the Board/Membership.
- Manage the risk register, in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Management of the Board governance and compliance budget.
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter and up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 31 January 2023 (midnight).
All candidates are encouraged to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying. This will assist in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved, however, the provision of this data is entirely optional.
Any information collated will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be used in the short-listing process.