Warwickshire CCC are seeking to appoint a full-time High Performance Coach, who will contribute towards the identification, mentoring and coaching of players on the WCCC Player Pathway, including both boys and girls County Age Group (CAG) Programmes, with the focus largely on players in the U10 to U12 age groups.
The successful candidate (experience dependent) may also contribute towards the development of Emerging Player Programme and WCCC Academy players. The successful candidate will report directly to the High Performance Manager.
Role Profile and Key Responsibilities
- Lead Coach & Line Manager for the boys U10 to U12 development phase.
- To assist the Girls Pathway Lead with entry strategies into the girls pathway (currently U11), including liaison with the relevant WCB W&G development officers.
- To assist with the delivery of the girls U11 and U13 programmes, ensuring adherence to the girls CAG framework.
- To assist with the full implementation of the boys and girls coaching framework amongst the CAG coaching team, particularly in the early years space.
- Adhere to Club policies and procedures.
- Listening and responding to the 2023 ICEC Report, in line with game-wide agreed (ECB) initiatives in the early-pathway space.
- The candidate should be equally enthused about working with players of all ages and genders.
- A member of the selection team for boys and girls CAG cricket (winter and summer), including the administration of player feedback.
- Assist with the delivery of the WCCC Academy and Emerging Player Programmes (experience dependent). Assisting with coaching and monitoring of players, and player review process – using a Player Development Plan (PDP) model.
- Attendance at player progress case conferences and coaches (CPD) workshops as directed by the High Performance Manager.
- To undertake various basic administrative duties including report writing, video calls and emailing as directed by the High Performance Manager.
- To attend all major Pathway & Club events, such as the youth dinner, pre-season reception and WCCC end of season dinner.
- To drive their own personal development and growth.
- To serve as a role model in conjunction with the Club’s core values and strategic plans.
- To undertake any other related duties that are deemed reasonable as directed by the High Performance Manager.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter and up to date CV to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 16 October 2023
All candidates are encouraged to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying. This will assist in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved, however, the provision of this data is entirely optional.
Any information collated will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be used in the short-listing process.