Warwickshire County Cricket Club (WCCC) are seeking to appoint a full-time High Performance Coach, who will contribute towards the identification, mentoring and coaching of players on the WCCC Player Pathway, including BOTH boys and girls County Age Group Programme, Emerging Player Programme and WCCC Academy.
- WCCC High Performance Manager
- WCCC Performance Director
- WCCC High Performance Administrator
- Relevant WCB staff relating to club & school development / talent pathway crossover
- Central Sparks talent pathway coaching staff
- WCCC Specialist Coaches
- WCCC Physiotherapy Team
- WCCC Lead & Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- WCCC Nutritionist
- Pathway Mental Skills Coach
- Performance Analyst
- PCA Personal Development & Well-being Manager
- Cricket Operations Manager
Role Profile and Key Responsibilities
- Coach on both the WCCC Academy and Emerging Player Programmes, assisting with the selection, induction, coaching, and monitoring of players, and player review process – using a Player Development Plan (PDP) model.
- Lead Coach for a minimum of two CAG squads (winter and summer) and assisting with winter CAG training programmes (boys and girls). The candidate should be equally enthused about working with both male and female players.
- Attendance at, and contribution to Academy & EPP player case conferences.
- Attendance at, and contribution to pathway coaches (CPD) workshops as directed by the High Performance Manager.
- A member of the selection team at boys and girls CAG trials (winter and summer), including the administration of player feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
- To assist with the full implementation of the boys and girls coaching framework amongst the CAG coaching team.
- To assist, when required, with the coaching of the WCCC (male) professional playing staff as directed by the WCCC Performance Director and 1st XI / 2nd XI coaching staff.
- To assist the High Performance Manager in the identification, monitoring and (when appropriate) trialing of talented players within and outside of Warwickshire affiliated clubs, schools and competitions.
- Adhere to Club policies and procedures.
- To undertake various basic administrative duties including report writing and emailing as directed by the High Performance Manager.
- To attend all major Pathway & Club events, such as the youth dinner, pre-season reception and 1st / 2nd XI end of season dinner.
- To drive their own personal development and growth.
- To serve as a role model in-line with the Club’s core values and strategic plans.
- To undertake any other related duties that are deemed reasonable as directed by the High Performance Manager.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 30 October 2023
All candidates are encouraged to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying. This will assist in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved, however, the provision of this data is entirely optional.
Any information collated will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be used in the short-listing process.