Warwickshire CCC is seeking to appoint a full-time High Performance Coach, who will contribute towards the identification, mentoring and coaching of players on the Club's Player Pathway.
This will include both boys and girls County Age Group Programmes, Emerging Player Programme and WCCC Academy. The successful candidate would report directly to the High Performance Manager.
Role Profile and Key Responsibilities
- Coach on both the WCCC Academy and Emerging Player Programmes, assisting with the selection, induction, coaching, and monitoring of players, and player review process – using a Player Development Plan (PDP) model.
- Lead Coach for a minimum of two CAG squads (winter and summer) and assisting with winter CAG training programmes (boys and girls). The candidate should be equally enthused about working with players of all genders.
- Attendance at player progress case conferences and coaches (CPD) workshops as directed by the High Performance Manager.
- To assist, when required, with the coaching of the WCCC (men and women) professional playing staff as directed by the WCCC Director of Cricket and 1st XI / 2nd XI Head Coaches.
- A member of the selection team at boys and girls CAG trials (winter and summer), including the administration of player feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
- To assist with the full implementation of the boys and girls coaching framework amongst the CAG coaching team.
- To assist the High Performance Manager in the identification, monitoring and (when appropriate) trialling of talented players within and outside of Warwickshire affiliated clubs, schools and competitions.
- To assist the High Performance Manager consulting with WCCC Club Scouts.
- To undertake various basic administrative duties including report writing and emailing as directed by the High Performance Manager.
- To attend all major Pathway & Club events, such as the youth dinner, pre-season reception and WCCC end of season dinner.
- To drive their own personal development and growth.
- To serve as a role model in conjunction with the Club’s core values and strategic plans.
- To undertake any other related duties that are deemed reasonable as directed by the High Performance Manager.
How to Apply
Closing date: Friday 9 September 2022
All candidates are encouraged to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying. This will assist in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved, however, the provision of this data is entirely optional.
Any information collated will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be used in the short-listing process.