Edgbaston are looking for a sous chef to work alongside the Head Chef and lead the kitchen brigade in delivering a world class food provision for all match days and Conference & Events held at Edgbaston Stadium.
A keen innovator, you will be able to create stunning dishes using the best locally sourced and sustainable ingredients. You will be a team player who thrives on working in a busy, fast paced, environment whilst maintaining controls over costs, payroll, and waste. A strong focus on attention to detail and control of stocks and kitchen administration will be key.
Role Profile and Key Responsibilities
- Leads effective and collaborative communication with all key internal and external stakeholders and must have an interest in the latest food trends
- Ensure we never compromise on quality and flavour through exceptional professional standards
- Assist in the development of new and creative dishes for Hospitality, C&E and Retail menu’s by using the freshest, locally sourced and seasonal ingredients
- Drive sales, manage volumes and compliance through preferred suppliers and local sourcing where applicable
- Legislative and company HSE procedures and standards compliance
- Assist the culinary department to manage and control labour costs and to ensure they meet or exceeds company budgets
- Comply with reasonable requests made by supervisors and managers on behalf of the customer needs
- Take responsibility of the kitchen and team in the absence of the Senior Sous Chef
- Responsibility for the stock control
- Be aware of current trends in the catering industry
- Where appropriate make recommendations to improve products and services
- Keep up to date with company knowledge attending any courses where possible
- Follow instructions to maximise product yield and minimise waste
- Take responsibility for accepting deliveries to ensure quality and price meet company specifications, whilst managing the day-to-day stores
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates are encouraged to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying. This will assist in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved, however, the provision of this data is entirely optional.
Any information collated will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be used in the short-listing process.