Warwickshire County Cricket Club has begun the search for a new Chief Commercial Officer.
After eight years with the Club, we’re pleased and proud to announce that Alex Perkins will soon join the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) as Commercial Director for The Hundred.
This means we are looking for an ambitious, commercially astute marketeer who wants to take Edgbaston Stadium and the teams that play at the world-famous venue to new levels of innovation, creativity and financial success.
Someone comfortable with taking ownership for the growth of all cricket revenues across England matches (men and women), Warwickshire CCC, Birmingham Bears, Birmingham Phoenix and Central Sparks as well as the wider marketing of the Club and its banqueting facilities, community and ESG initiatives.
This role could be for you if:
- You want to achieve outstanding success through the development of teams. There are some real stars in commercial and marketing: they need support, development, structure and challenge to deliver the Club’s aims, but also their individual career aspirations.
- You have a strong work ethic, with personal values that align with the Club. We like people who work hard, try new things, make mistakes and learn from them, show respect at every level and want to see people grow. We actively encourage challenge and constantly try to seek out diverse views, thoughts and experiences that inspire us to think differently and do the right thing for the communities we serve.
- You share our passion for making the Club the best cricket business in the world and understand this means different things to different people, but the only way we will do this is through the combined effort of the Bears’ family.
- You enjoy helping teams put together impactful marketing campaigns that drive ticketing sales and know your way around the digital technologies that sit behind a modern-day ticketing operation.
- Know how to manage the basics brilliantly, but also ‘sniff out’ new and innovative ways of driving commercial income through merchandising, membership, hospitality, partnership sales and digital media.
- Have experience of sport and stadium/venue marketing.
- Constantly think about the customer and how we make their experience better. This includes working with our Members to make sure they are well looked after and an engaged part of the Bears’ family.
- Know how to get the best out of key strategic partners and suppliers through empathetic relationship management that respects the needs of both parties and makes these partners want to go the extra mile for us.
- Understand the importance of community and ESG initiatives, and how to create commercial partnerships that allow such initiatives to have real impact, grow and reach new audiences.
- Have been involved in stadium re-development, master-planning and general leisure (hotels and retail).
Knowledge of cricket isn’t essential, we can teach you that bit. We also want people from all walks of life to bring their knowledge, experience and perspectives to the Club so don’t worry if you can’t tick every single box on the above wish-list.
Use your cover letter to convince us why we should talk to you – we’re happy to consider left-field applications as long as we can clearly see how your experience will help us achieve commercial growth and your leadership style and attitude will work well with the existing team at Edgbaston.
For more information, please click here to see the Job Description.
The Club is ultimately an events business based at Edgbaston, but we operate a flexible working environment where possible. This includes core working hours of 10am to 4pm on non-match days and the option to work from home at times.
There is an attractive base salary, with additional bonus, as well as a range of other benefits including healthcare, pension and life insurance, cricket tickets, good holiday entitlement and social calendar.
How to apply
Please provide an up to date CV and cover letter (no more than 750 words) outlining why you are the ideal candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter should focus on your leadership style, beliefs and behaviours as much as your professional experience. Please also outline your salary aspirations and preferred working environment/style.
Closing date: Friday 24 March 2023
Edgbaston for Everyone
Making sure the Club is a safe and welcome environment for all is a cornerstone of our thinking:
- All candidates are encouraged to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying. Click here to open the form. This will assist in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved, however, the provision of this data is entirely optional. Any information collated will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be used in the short-listing process.
- Warwickshire County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age (up to 65).
- It is the intention of Warwickshire County Cricket Club that its work force, at all levels, should reflect the composition of the City’s population. To achieve this Warwickshire County Cricket Club will take active and positive steps to eliminate discrimination, reduce the effects of past discrimination and to promote equality in employment.
- Warwickshire County Cricket Club and Warwickshire Cricket Board Ltd are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, roles involving any type of Regulated Activity or any interaction with children, young people or vulnerable adults are subjected to a safer recruitment process: ECB DBS clearance is mandatory before taking up the role. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.