On Sunday 20th October The Hundred men’s Draft will mark an historic occasion in British sport, as the first major UK sport competition draft to be held in this country.
The Hundred men’s Draft is broadcast across Sky, BBC and thehundred.com.
On Sunday 20th October The Hundred men’s Draft will mark an historic occasion in British sport, as the first major UK sport competition draft to be held in this country. Here’s how to follow the action as it happens:
· Sky Sports News and skysports.com will cover the build-up all day, with live TV coverage starting at 7pm on Sky One, Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Cricket. It will also be available via Sky Sports’ Facebook and YouTube channels, the Sky Sports app and skysports.com.
· The BBC Sport website will host a live stream and text commentary on Sunday evening, while Radio 5 Live will look ahead to the draft with a special preview programme at 9pm on Wednesday night.
· thehundred.com will also host a live stream, plus you can follow along on the official The Hundred social media channels- Facebook and Instagram.
Wherever you watch, there will be a host of sporting stars featured on the night. Ian Ward and Isa Guha will host Sky’s coverage, with support from Rob Key and Nasser Hussain, with special guests including World Cup winning legends Jofra Archer, Heather Knight and Ben Stokes.
BBC commentary will be provided by World Cup winners Ebony Rainford-Brent and Mark Wood alongside Test Match Special commentator Henry Moeran, while Eleanor Oldroyd will provide updates from the draft into Radio 5 Live.
On the night, each Head Coach will select their team as follows:
An independently adjudicated pre-draft draw has determined the order of selection:
- Trent Rockets
- Southern Brave
- Northern Superchargers
- Welsh Fire
- Oval Invincibles
- Manchester Originals
- London Spirit
- Birmingham Phoenix
· Head Coaches will pick two players per round, with just 100 seconds per pick. There will be seven rounds to complete each squad. The first coach will select a player, followed by the next coach, and so on. Mid-round the selection order will reverse. Where an ‘icon player’ has already been picked, the team skip that turn in The Draft.
· 96 of the world’s best cricketers will be selected from a nearly 600-strong player pool; teams can select a maximum of three overseas players – with names like Steve Smith, Andre Russell and Rashid Khan up for grabs.
New signings for each of the eight women’s teams will also be revealed live on the night.
If you want to test your cricketing knowledge and pick your own fantasy team, visit thehundred.com from tomorrow morning.
Follow The Hundred Draft live on skysports.com, BBC.co.uk and thehundred.com.
For the latest news and priority access to tickets visit thehundred.com.