Warwickshire all-rounder Chris Woakes has been named in England’s 15-man squad for the One-Day International (ODI) series in India in the New Year.
Middlesex’s Eoin Morgan will captain England’s One-Day International and IT20 squads respectively during the tour and is joined in both squads by Nottinghamshire’s top-order batsman Alex Hales. Both players return to the international set-up for the first time since the end of the English domestic season.
Yorkshire’s prolific batsman Joe Root returns to the squad having been rested for England’s ODI series victory over Bangladesh in October
Ben Duckett, Steven Finn and James Vince all miss out on selection as the white ball side continues to progress under Morgan and Head Coach Trevor Bayliss, which has seen England win nine of their last 12 ODIs.
England will play three ODIs and three IT20s during the three-week tour with the ODI opener taking place on Sunday January 15 in Pune.
England ODI Squad
- Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)
- Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire)
- Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire)
- Sam Billings (Kent)
- Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
- Liam Dawson (Hampshire)
- Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
- Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) Captain
- Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire)
- Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
- Joe Root (Yorkshire)
- Jason Roy (Surrey)
- Ben Stokes (Durham)
- David Willey (Yorkshire)
- Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
- Warm-up match (50 overs), India A v England XI, Tuesday January 10, CCI, Mumbai (1.30pm IST, 8.00am GMT)
- Warm-up match (50 overs), India A v England XI, Thursday January 12, CCI, Mumbai (1.30pm IST, 8.00am GMT)
- First ODI, India v England, Sunday January 15, Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune (1.30pm IST, 8.00am GMT)
- Second ODI, India v England, Thursday January 19, Barabati Stadium, Cuttack (1.30pm IST, 8.00am GMT)
- Third ODI, India v England, Sunday January 22, Eden Gardens, Calcutta (1.30pm IST, 8.00am GMT)