Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1) Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or on our social media pages or profiles, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
2) Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, e.g. about your browser or the device you use to access the site etc.; information about your visit, e.g. which website you clicked through to reach ours, lengths of visits to pages etc.
3) Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1) Information you give to us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com
2) Information we collect about you. We will use this information: to administer, operate and improve our site and ensure it is presented in the most effective manner; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; fulfil legal and regulatory obligations; to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Data will only be shared with partners and sponsors if we have consent to do so.
Where we store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA work for us or for one of our suppliers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
COVID-19 – Personal Data
We collect only the minimum amount of personal data needed. This is likely to be limited to name and contact information, for example telephone number or email address.
Visitor information is being collected to assist national efforts to track infected individuals or those who may have come into contact with such individuals. Understand the information may only be used for these purposes. It might be tempting to re-use the information for marketing purposes for example, but this can only be done if you have obtained the correct permissions from those individuals.
Limits on disclosure
Data will only be shared with those bodies that are responsible for contact tracing.
All personal data will remain confidential and is stored securely. Employees are trained and have a duty to keep all personal information confidential.
Guidance requests that personal data is held for a period of 21 days. We have processes in place to securely delete personal information beyond this point.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to of these websites, please note that those websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You may request from us a copy of personal data we hold on you subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs.